A collection of all of my rants and ramblings about the television shows I watch and the people who make them. There will also be the occasional post about my life. =D

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Community Rewatch- 2x22, 2x23, & 2x24


And here we are! The final three episodes of Community's second season! I'm actually pretty excited to move on to the third season, because I hardly remember it, even though it just finished a few months ago. But I also have a Lost rant coming your way, so Community is going to have to wait for just a bit. Plus my upcoming vacation, so... Anyway! Got off topic. Here we go, Human Beings!


2x22- Applied Anthropology and Culinary Arts

Episode Rundown- As you can tell from the above picture, Baby Bennett makes his first appearance in this episode! This is the one where they're supposedly having their Anthropology final, but since Duncan didn't teach organically, they're actually all just drinking. Then the Dean enters the room with a representative from Dean Magazine, who's writing an article on him, and bears witness to the unorthodox exam. Duncan slips out, Shirley goes into labor, and Britta and Jeff taunt and tease each other about it the whole time. Chang goes into these nonsensical stories about his ancestors which irritated me to no extent and the Dean tells everyone, once he's left the room and made it back barely in one piece, that his multinational food festival has caused a "race kerfuffle." Eventually, Andre makes it to Shirley's side and Britta delivers their baby boy, who they name Ben after Chang. Nawww! And the tag is Troy and Abed pulling the fire alarm and then realizing it's fake, conning the Dean into canceling classes for the day. Classic Troy and Abed!

What Was Great
~ "Throw paper balls at her until she sits down." Oh Duncan...
~ "And that is what Jews do at weddings. Anthropology!"
~ The Dean. He's just perfect.
~ "Women have a connectedness to their bodies that you would never understand." "You have a booger." "I know... It's a part of me."
~ Abed bringing to light the fact that he delivered a baby and Shirley not wanting him to deliver hers. Can't blame her, there.
~ "Jeff, Pierce bought the rights to our handshake with blood money and now we can't get the magic back!" "Holy crap you two. For real?" "Yeah." "No one cares about your stupid handshake. A baby is coming out of Shirley's vagina two feet from us!"
~ Annie's reaction to Abed telling her she now has to deliver the baby- "I can't do that! I have to take a class or shadow a nurse or at least have my mom hug me first! Oh God! Oh God! I'm seeing spots!"
~ "Do you believe that's how we come into the world? Screaming, crying, covered in crap? And somewhere along the line we get it into our heads that we're destined for greatness." "We are. I just yanked a little dude out of my friend!" "I guess we passed Anthropology." "Look how teeny his hands are!" "They're so little, right? I mean his fingers are like Good & Plentys." "I know! I wanna eat 'em! ... Which is lame!" "Totally!" - That one moment when Jeff and Britta forgot they were supposed to be cool.


What Wasn't So Great
~ Chang's everything. Ugh.
~ The tag was kinda lame...


Rating
I would give this episode a nine out of ten. It could have been a ten, but there's too much Chang...


2x23- A Fistful of Paintballs

Episode Rundown-  So this is part one of the two-part paintball-inspired season two finale. The idea is that the Dean would like to end the year with another game of Paintball Assassin, but make this one shorter and much less intense. However, the ice cream company sponsoring the event announces that the winner receives $100,000 in cash so the game ends up being wayyyy more intense. Oops. There's also a mysterious player named The Dark Rider (a.k.a Sawyer from Lost!! Yay!!) that they all band together to defeat. They do, but only after they learn the real enemy is Pierce. And here's the most awesome part of the episode- each member of the group is represented by a card; i.e. Jack of Clubs, King of Spades, etc. Only Annie is part of a red suit- the Ace of Hearts. This is directly correlated to the vote they took the previous day on whether or not to keep Pierce in the group- Annie says the vote had to be unanimous but there was one red card. Hers. So damn awesome. Anyway, the ice cream company, which is a total fake, turns out to be City College, so now they're the enemies as well! Ahh!! Cliffhanger! The tag shows us scenes from the next episode and man, are they epic.

What Was Great
~ The whole card-nickname thing. I can't get over how genius that is.
~ Paintball! I love the paintball episodes.
~ The Dark Rider. I freaking love Josh Holloway, okay? He's the absolute best.
~ Annie being a badass. You don't usually see that side of her and it was pretty great.
~ Jeff- or really Joel- looking sexy as hell dressed in his cowboy garb. =D
~ "I heard a rumor you'd never shoot an unarmed man." "Whoever said that never ate my beans." "Well it's a good thing I'm not unarmed. Seeing as how I'm... eating your beans."
~ The adorable looks Troy and Abed get on their faces when the first see each other in the game. Classic.
~ "There's a bounty on your head, man." "... My forehead's not that big, right?" "It's not small."
~ Vicki and Garrett dancing in Fort Hawthorne. Hilarious.
~ The tag! It really got you pumped up for the next week.

What Wasn't So Great
~ Chang, as usual.
~ Pierce. I hate when he's the bad guy, as he so often is.

Rating
I would give this episode an eight out of ten. I love paintball and was glad to see it again!

 
2x24- For A Few Paintballs More

Episode Rundown- It's part two of the season two paintball-themed finale and the stakes have never been higher. The first part was spaghetti western, but this part is all Star Wars, with the City College members dressed as Storm Troopers and Abed spending the entire episode acting as Han Solo, with Annie as his Princess Leia. And my Star Wars knowledge ends there. I fell asleep watching it. Anyway, the group has a hard time agreeing on what way to take City College down, so they eventually compromise by choosing both Troy's plumbing idea and Jeff's quad stakeout. Troy rigs the sprinkler system with paint and he, Abed, Annie, and Shirley are in the library with a bunch of the storm troopers. But they get super stuck- Troy has an execution-like paintball death, Annie and Abed lock lips before meeting their end, and Shirley is left to finish off their job, turning on the sprinklers and sprinting outside. Meanwhile, on the quad, Jeff, Britta, Vicki, Leonard, Quendra and others are being completely obliterated by the Storm Troopers until only Britta's left. She doesn't have any clue what to do but Shirley shows up in a golf cart and the two badass mo-fos take out the rest of the City College students and Greendale wins!! Except... Not really. Shirley and Britta are both shot by a Storm Trooper and then that guy's shot by none other than Pierce. Okay, now Greendale wins!! The group owes everything to Pierce and tells him he can rejoin the study group, but he responds with, "No thanks. I'm done with you guys." And walks away. GASP. Cliffhanger! And the final tag of the second season involves Abed telling the janitor all about the paintball game. Good times, folks. Good times...

What Was Great
~ Everything. This finale was so fabulous I can't even fathom it. Even a few people from Cougar Town showed up for the fun!!

What Wasn't So Great
~ Nothing. Even the way they ended things with Pierce was great, because it was realistic. Would you go back to the study group if they treated you that way? I didn't think so.

Rating
I would give the second part of this finale a ten out of ten. It really ended things with a bang!

Alright, friends! That's it for season two! Check back soon for the third season because I'll be starting soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment