A collection of all of my rants and ramblings about the television shows I watch and the people who make them. There will also be the occasional post about my life. =D

Monday, July 30, 2012

Community Rewatch- 3x13, 3x14, & 3x15


Hello again! On a roll, what did I say? So on to the next three! I have this post plus two others before my vacation on Wednesday. I think I can do it!! Okay, without further delay, onward friends and human beings!


3x13- Digital Exploration of Interior Design

Episode Rundown- This episode is okay. It's not great, but it's a pretty good lead in to the next episode, which is fabulous. So Troy, Annie, and Abed are displaced for an episode because their building is being gassed for termites, so while Annie is lounging in the sleep study lab, Troy and Abed decide to build a pillow fort to live in. However, Troy wants to beat the world record in world's longest blanket fort and the two have a falling out that ends their friendship. Jeff finds out that a student hates him for blackmailing him or making fun of him or something, I don't know. It's a pretty stupid storyline. And Britta has sex with a corporation so she can ruin Subway and Shirley and Pierce can open their sandwich shop. But things get... nasty. Blegh. Anyway, it's Troy against Abed; the whole school is picking sides and the war is on. Cliffhanger! The tag involves  Vice Dean Laybourne discussing Troy's future with the creepy guy who later kills him. Spoiler alert!

What Was Great
~ The flawless Dean- "Wow, did you know Greendale students are all in the Army reserves? Let's say a little prayer for peace."
~ "It's not a blow-off class, Jeff. We're only allowed to bring one stuffed animal. I'm bringing Ruthie, but using her pouch to sneak in Nathan!" Lol Annie, you're great.
~ Britta Unfiltered. So great.
~ Pierce drinking ink. Lol.
~ "Great! Abed will destroy his pillow fort and Troy will expand his blanket fort! Everyone wins! Well except for Abed, but you know, not everyone can win." Lol I laughed so hard at this.
~ "Jeffrey, find me!"
~ Abed saying, "To be continued," at the end of the episode. So cute and so sad!
What Wasn't So Great
~ The Jeff storyline was boring
~ Britta's storyline/romance with Subway freaked me out. And the sex thing was too over the top.
~ Subway was creepy...
~ The tag was meh.

Rating
I would give this episode a seven out of ten. It's meh. I only liked the Troy and Abed portions. The rest kind of sucked.


3x14- Pillows and Blankets

Episode Rundown- Now let's talk about this amazing episode for a second. First of all, it's shot like a war documentary, which is so epic I can't even describe it. Abed and Troy are still fighting each other, except now they're fighting dirty. They're informing their troops of the other's weaknesses and plotting the end of the opposing team. Britta is the designated "war photographer" but can't seem to get any good shots. Typical. Annie is playing nurse- again, typical. Shirley and Pierce quickly pick sides- Shirley goes to Troy while Pierce goes to Abed. And Jeff spends most of the war on his phone before making up some kind of speech about imaginary friendship hats to bring peace and harmony between Troy and Abed again. Aww yay! The tag happens to be Troy and Abed, best buds again, doing a telethon and being freaking hysterical.

What Was Great
~ The entire episode and tag. I cannot even... like it's so perfect.

What Wasn't So Great
~ Um, nothing. Seriously.

Rating
A well-deserved ten out of ten!


3x15- Origins of Vampire Mythology

Episode Rundown- This episode started out great, the middle got a little iffy, and then the end irritated me. The carnival is coming to town, ladies and gents, and with it, comes Britta's jerk-off ex-boyfriend named Blade. Because of this, she asks Annie to keep her on lockdown so she won't call him. Annie goes through with this, but she, Abed, and Troy have to struggle to keep her away from her own phone, as pictured above. In the end, she gets her phone and calls Blade and when Troy responds, as "Blade" in a nice manner, Britta supposedly is done with him, because supposedly "she likes guys who are mean to her." That's actually not true, but I'll get to that later. Meanwhile Pierce becomes best friends with Chang and Shirley and Jeff have another adorable friendship episode where they go to the carnival to get a look at this Blade character. Then Jeff makes an inspiring speech about the need to stop hating ourselves. Aw, group hug! The tag is Abed doing standup to an audience of Troy, Jeff, and Dean Pelton, but only Troy is laughing because Abed's telling inside jokes from their apartment. So so funny.

What Was Great
~ "Best friends, best friends, making a cake!" Cuties <3
~ "Some things are funny because they make no sense, but this is not one of them."
~ "So Britta, you're in love with this guy who's named after a kickboxing vampire movie?" "No, I don't believe in love because of this guy who's named after a kickboxing vampire movie!"
~ Jeff taking off his shirt in the middle of the hallway. I'm never going to complain about Joel McHale shirtless <3
~ "... and handcuff me to the radiator like a motherflipping carnie-banging werewolf!" "I got this! Our apartment has central heating, but I get the idea!"
~ "You don't like our movie, we can't say the word Blade, there's phones in the refrigerator- oops!" His delivery is so good.
~ "I need help reacting to something." It's gold. It's perfect. It's... the title of my blog <3
~ Jeff and Shirley's adorable friendship <3
~ Annie's Blade voice: "Blaaaheeheheughguuuhuuu" and then the other three being a carnival: "Step right up!" "Ding ding ding!" "Get your popcorn here!"
~ The perfect tag <3 
What Wasn't So Great
~ Britta's characterization in this episode was soooo far off. Allow me to quote from episode 1x15 Romantic Expressionism: "I'm a girly-girl! I like boys and I don't like it when they're mean to me..." She said it herself. So why is she suddenly turned on by this douche? Yeah. Who knows.
~ Troy suddenly being the hero. Um, his crush on her is so spotty; half the time he's obsessed with her and half the time he insults her like crazy. It's so ridiculous! Not to mention Troy/Britta skeeves me out more than Jeff/Annie. Blegh.
~ Pierce and Chang. They're so annoying. They deserve each other.
~ Blade. Whenever they introduce new characters that don't go to Greendale, I almost never like them. Andre is the only exception. <3

Rating  
I'm giving this episode a seven out of ten. It's good, but the characterization changes drove me absolutely insane...

More tomorrow! I'll be finishing the last two posts and final seven episodes! See ya then!

1 comment: